Sunday 24 January 2016

Thư của Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Hạnh gửi Tân TT Đài Loan Ms. Tsai Ing-Wen

Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Hạnh


Ms. Tsai Ing-Wen
The elected President of Taiwan Taipei, Taiwan
January 22, 2016 Dear President Tsai,

I am Nguyen Thi Ngoc Hanh, a freedom fighter for the people of Vietnam and also a friend of the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP, Taiwan). I would like to convey to you my congratulations on your victory and the DPP’s victory in the recent general election in Taiwan.

This is really an inspiration for those who struggle for Freedom and Democracy of Vietnam.

We are trying to follow the example of the people of Taiwan, especially the elected-President Tsai Ing-wen and the DPP. The image of the female President Tsai Ing-wen is really encouraging to me, a female freedom fighter for Vietnam.
In the visit to Taiwan in 2013, 2014; I had the honour to meet and discuss with the Representative of the DPP at the time. I admired the humble and humanistic qualities of the Taiwanese. The results of the general election in Taiwan recently, once again, reaffirmed the determination of protecting the young democracy of the people of Taiwan and the DPP.

Representing those Vietnamese who love freedom and democracy; I wish you and the DPP all the luck and strength to complete the historic mission placing on all of you.

Respectfully,

NGUYEN THI NGOC HANH